Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Terrible Three

   So work has been very busy and stressful recently and so I come home and it's nice to see the kids. They run up to me and give me these big hugs and I am happy for a few minutes to see their happy faces. It's nice.
   Then yesterday I get groceries on my way home and as the nanny prepares to leave, I bring in all the bags and set them up on the kitchen counter. Well, ever since Peewee fell off the counter, I don't put either kid up there to help unpack groceries due to the safety risk. Bubu and Peewee, of course, want to help me put away groceries so I put a couple bags on the ground so they can put items away.
   I guess I just wasn't paying attention because the bag I put down for them to unload has brownie bites in 100 calorie packets and pretzel goldfish. Big mistake. Bubu, with his four cavities, pulled out the brownie bites and asked to open the box immediately. Katie didn't say anything but instead just started tearing open the bag of goldfish. I told Bubu that we could have the brownies for dessert after dinner but that wasn't good enough. He hauls off and smacks me. I mean, it didn't hurt of course, but still, he hit me. It's not the first time. Recently, anytime I say no to something, I get hit by my 3 year old. It's pretty disturbing.
   So, I try time out. I try the whole, use your words conversation, whatever I can think of to stay calm and deal with this. Meanwhile, in my head I'm wondering about what I have done wrong to have caused this bad behavior. I've never hit Bubu, but I have gotten angry at him before. Has he learned to get angry because he's seen me get angry? Is he ever going to understand that hitting is wrong? Will he get kicked out of preschool this fall??
   Anyways, I googled what to do on Babycenter and all the experts say to do the stuff I am doing now. So I guess it will just take time and patience. Two things that are a scarce commodity these days. I will also be downloading the first 8 seasons of Nanny 911 on demand to watch on marathon this weekend.
   So this morning, I decided to gather some data and so I ask the nanny if Bubu ever has hit her. She told me that he did once but he apologized immediately she said because he felt so bad. Of course with me, there's no stopping the mommy abuse. I got smacked a few times in a row for "no brownies, no lollipop, and no juice at night" with NO apology. But anyways, the nanny proceeds to tell me that as soon as I leave the house, they act different, better, because they know they can't get away with anything with her.
   I didn't say anything because I know she isn't smart enough to understand that it was rude to say that. And I have many mommy girlfriends who have kids in preschool who have told me their kids are great at school or in my case, very well behaved with the nanny, but a lot of trouble for mommy. I know it's a pretty common occurrence. Unfortunately, dumbass doesn't know that. So I think I mentioned before that the nanny is pregnant and therefore, she'll be leaving us soon. I can't wait for her kid to be three and start hitting her.
   All in all, I figure if I can just make sure Bubu doesn't beat up his preschool teachers and get kicked out, I'm ok. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment